We’ve got this, together
Appointments where you are.
Plan to succeed
The way to get better at anything is to practice, a lot. Here are a few tips to guide your practice.
1) Don’t be afraid to ask your therapist where they draw their experience from. No two therapists are the same.
2) Consider how much information is just right for you. This way your understanding and your confidence build over time. For example, we have take home messages for every point mentioned below.
3) Let your feelings guide you. If it feels anything but great to be in motion, you deserve to understand why, and what you can do with those feelings. Click on a feeling and see what happens to the What if’s to learn more.
When I move I feel..
Time for a change?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there insurance coverage for my therapy?
Physiotherapy coverage may be offered by some private group insurance companies (such as Sunlife, GreatWest Life, certain Alberta Blue Cross plans and others). Contact your insurance provider and ask if you have coverage for physiotherapy.
Is there public funding for in home physiotherapy?
Homebody Health is a private therapy service offered:
- as a stand alone service
- as a bridging service to build up stamina and prepare for joining a publicly funded program
- in addition to therapy offered at public programs
I am thinking about staying more active. Where do I begin?
Homebody Health encounters always begin with an individualized assessment. This is how we can ensure the insights we give you reflect your values and priorities.
About Our Services
Step 1: care plan consultation
Care Plan Consultation-$70
This phone consultation is the first session for all new clients. Our physiotherapist helps you frame your problem and gives you an understanding of how our therapists might address this problem you are having. We take a health history. We make a care package of notes and tips from this consultation and then build your electronic health record with us. You have access to these notes in your record to view and print anytime. If you wish this consultation to be a collaborative call with others who are involved in your care, we can arrange that as well.
Step 2: Physiotherapy Assessment
45 Minutes — Online or in person
In person: $115
This initial assessment takes the problem you identified in the care plan consultation and clearly identifies your physical abilities at the present time that relate to your problem. This is called knowing your baseline. It is a point of reference to measure progress in your therapy. You recieve access to the notes from this visit as well access to your physiotherapist prescribed exercises that come from this session. You can view and print your prescribed exercises anytime from your electronic medical record.
Physiotherapy Follow up visits
Choose online or in person
These sessions continue to deliver insights that matter to you.
45 Minute Minute in person follow up (in home): $115
30 Minute in person follow up (at home): $95
45 Minute Online follow up: $90
30 Minute Online follow up: $70
Kinesiology Support Sessions
30 or 45 Minute Sessions
30 Minutes – $65
45 Minutes – $75